- Quality & Sustainability
- Who We Are
- Special Offers
Natural Omega-3 for Better Health
It’s common knowledge that seafood is good for you and there are multiple reasons why. Seafood contains natural omega-3 fatty acids, lean protein, and critical vitamins and minerals that can aid brain development, promote heart health, help fight obesity and improve your overall health.
It's no wonder the USDA, American Heart Association, American Cancer Society, and American Diabetes Association all recommend eating seafood at least twice a week.
Fish and seafood – like shrimp, tilapia, and salmon – not only taste good, but are a natural source of lean protein and critical nutrients like vitamins and minerals including iron; zinc; and vitamins A, B and D. But what really sets seafood apart from other healthy foods is that it is a natural source of two healthy omega-3 fatty acids, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). Research shows these omega-3 fatty acids promote good health and may reduce your risk of chronic disease. Since our bodies cannot make omega-3 fatty acids, it’s important to regularly include them in our diets.
Health Benefits of Eating Seafood
Studies show that a diet containing omega-3 may:
- Promote heart health
- Decrease blood pressure, triglycerides, and cholesterol levels
- Improve arthritis and joint pain
- Lessen symptoms of depression and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Support eye health
- Enhance brain growth and development
- Aid brain growth in unborn babies, infants and kids
- Decrease the risk for certain cancers
- Reduce the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease