Crab Cake and Avocado Grilled Cheese
You’ll love our take on this classic afternoon snack as much as your kids will. And, with crab cakes and avocado on it, you could call this dinner too.
1. Prepare Gorton’s Crab Cakes according to package instructions.
2. Cut the avocado and place on two slices of bread.
3. Place one crab cake on each avocado portion, followed by a slice of cheese and the other slice of bread.
4. Melt the butter in a large non-stick frying pan.
5. Brown sandwich over medium heat for 3 minutes.
6. Reduce heat and flip the sandwich and cook for 2 more minutes.
6 oz. package cooked crab cakes (2 x 3 oz. crab cakes)
4 slices bread (sourdough, rye, wheat, etc.)
2 slices cheese (American, pepper jack, etc.)
1/2 sliced avocado
1 Tbsp. butter
Maryland Style Crab Cakes
Real crabmeat with diced onion, butter, & savory seasonings.
Get the Freshest Catch
Sign up for our Crew Report newsletter to get the latest coupons, special savings and quick meal ideas from your favorite bloggers.
Serious about Sustainability
In the Alaska Pollock fishery, mid-water trawls are utilized, which include safety catches to allow any other wildlike that might be caught to escape.
The Gortons Story
We're proud to be headquartered in Gloucester, Mass., America's oldest seaport and a working waterfront since 1623