Crispy Fish Taco Bowls
Cilantro fried rice, sweet corn, avocados, salsa – these are a few of our favorite things. But when you add Gorton’s Beer Battered Fish Fillets and throw them all in a bowl –as Posh Journal does – that may literally be our favorite thing…
1. Cook Gorton’s Beer Battered Fillets according to package, until reaching an internal temperature of 165°F or higher.
2. Heat oil in the large saucepan over medium-high heat.
3. Add white rice and saute for 2 minutes or until browned.
4. Add garlic, cook until fragrant.
5. Stir in about 2¼ cups of broth or water plus 1 tsp salt, lime zest and bring to a boil.
6. Lower the heat and cook undisturbed for 15 minutes or follow the cooking instructions on the product packaging.
7. Remove from the heat and let it cool down for 10 minutes.
8. Transfer the rice into a large bowl. Use a fork to gently stir the rice and break up any obvious lumps.
9. Pour lime juice over the rice and toss with chopped cilantro just before serving.
10. Plate each bowl with 2 pieces of fish fillets, ½ cup of rice , ½ cup of black beans, ½ cup chopped lettuce, 2 tbsp of chopped tomatoes, 1 tbsp of chopped red onion, 3 tbsp of corn, and a half avocado. Serve with salsa and lime wedges. Enjoy!
For Crispy Fish Taco Bowl:
12 Gorton’s Beer Battered Fish Fillets
3 cups cilantro-lime rice (recipe below)
3 cups black beans
3 cups freshly chopped lettuce
1¼ cups sweet corn
¾ cup chopped tomatoes
6 tbsp diced red onion
Salsa For Cilantro-Lime Rice:
1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
1 1/2 cups chicken broth (or use water plus 1 teaspoon salt)
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
zest of one lime
3 tbsp lime juice
¾ cup lightly-packed chopped cilantro
NEW! Beer Battered Fish Fillets
Flaky, wild-caught whole white fish fillets.
Get the Freshest Catch
Sign up for our Crew Report newsletter to get the latest coupons, special savings and quick meal ideas from your favorite bloggers.
Serious about Sustainability
In the Alaska Pollock fishery, mid-water trawls are utilized, which include safety catches to allow any other wildlike that might be caught to escape.
The Gortons Story
We're proud to be headquartered in Gloucester, Mass., America's oldest seaport and a working waterfront since 1623