Down Home on the Ranch Fish Canoes
A light and refreshing new meal for your family that’s great on hot summer days or blustery winter nights.
1. Prepare Gorton’s Signature Grilled Tilapia Fillets according to package instructions.
2. Meanwhile, mix together dressing and barbecue sauce in a large mixing bowl.
3. Cool cooked fillets slightly, then chop into bite size pieces.
4. Add tilapia, onion, corn, beans, tomato, nuts, and parsley to the large mixing bowl and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Spoon about ½ cup of the mixture into each lettuce leaf and serve.
1 (6.3 oz) package Gorton’s Signature Grilled Tilapia Fillets
1/3 cup prepared low fat ranch salad dressing
2 Tbsp prepared barbecue sauce
1 small onion, peeled and minced
1 can (11 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
1 can (15 or 16 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 tomato, coarsely chopped
½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts, lightly toasted
½ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
12 large chilled iceberg or romaine lettuce leaves
Signature Grilled Tilapia
5-Star Tilapia® seasoned with a classic blend of real herbs and spices.
Get the Freshest Catch
Sign up for our Crew Report newsletter to get the latest coupons, special savings and quick meal ideas from your favorite bloggers.
Serious about Sustainability
In the Alaska Pollock fishery, mid-water trawls are utilized, which include safety catches to allow any other wildlike that might be caught to escape.
The Gortons Story
We're proud to be headquartered in Gloucester, Mass., America's oldest seaport and a working waterfront since 1623