Gorton’s Wicked Good Fish & Chips
Fish & Chips is a classic New England favorite that’s wicked delicious! Give your coleslaw a kick and add ¼ teaspoon of chipotle powder!
1. Preheat oven to 425°F and spray half a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
2. Cut potato (skin on) lengthwise 4-6 times to make ~1/2″” slices, lay each slice flat and cut into ~3/16″” strips.
3. Place potato strips in a bowl, drizzle with oil, salt, pepper, paprika (optional) and turn to coat.
4. Place potato strips in one layer onto the sprayed side of baking sheet and add Gorton’s Beer Batter Fillets to other side of sheet.
5. Bake 14 minutes, turn fillets and fries, bake an additional 12 minutes and let cool on tray for 5 minutes.
6. In the meantime, blend remaining ingredients in bowl (best if made 1 day in advance), refrigerate, mix well just before serving and enjoy!
4 Gorton’s Beer Batter Fillets
1 medium russet potato, washed & dried
1 Tbsp olive or vegetable oil
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 pinch black pepper
1/4 tsp paprika (optional)
10 oz bag coleslaw (in produce section)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp sugar
NEW! Beer Battered Fish Fillets
Flaky, wild-caught whole white fish fillets.
Get the Freshest Catch
Sign up for our e-newsletter to get the latest coupons, special savings, and quick meal ideas.
Serious about Sustainability
In the Alaska Pollock fishery, mid-water trawls are utilized, which include safety catches to allow any other wildlike that might be caught to escape.
The Gortons Story
We're proud to be headquartered in Gloucester, Mass., America's oldest seaport and a working waterfront since 1623