Guacamole Popcorn Shrimp Cups
Just ‘cause it’s a weeknight doesn’t mean dinner can’t be fun. Spice up any Monday night with these crunchy Shrimp and guacamole bites from Confessions of Chocoholic.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly coat a 24-cup mini muffin tin with cooking spray, or use a silicon tin.
- Gently press each wonton wrapper into into the tin and arrange in a cup shape. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 425°F.
- Arrange shrimp in a foil-lined cookie tray in one even layer.
- Bake uncovered for 8 minutes. Turn over shrimp and bake for another 7 minutes (total cook time is 15 minutes).
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocado. Add the jalapeno, onion, garlic and mix well. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of guacamole in each wonton cup. Top with a couple of Popcorn Shrimp. Garnish with cilantro. Enjoy immediately!
ASSEMBLE THE CUPS
1 medium avocado
1/2 jalapeno, minced
1/4 red onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
Juice of half a lime
Salt and pepper to taste
Red chili pepper flakes to taste
8 oz Gorton’s Popcorn Shrimp
24 wonton wrappers Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
100% whole, tail-off Shrimp covered with a flavorful breading.
Get the Freshest Catch
Sign up for our e-newsletter to get the latest coupons, special savings, and quick meal ideas.
Serious about Sustainability
In the Alaska Pollock fishery, mid-water trawls are utilized, which include safety catches to allow any other wildlike that might be caught to escape.
The Gortons Story
We're proud to be headquartered in Gloucester, Mass., America's oldest seaport and a working waterfront since 1623