Pub-Style Beer Batter Cod with Red Cabbage & Apple Slaw
This modern take on a classic pub recipe pairs crispy, wild caught Pub-Style Beer Battered Cod with a side of extra crunchy slaw. How do you like them apples?
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare Gorton’s Beer Battered Cod according to package instructions.
- In a large bowl combine slaw mix, red cabbage, sliced apple and scallions.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, honey, lime juice and salt. Add black pepper to taste.
- Toss dressing and mixed dry slaw together until completely coated.
- Serve with Gorton’s Beer Battered Cod.
1 cup Coleslaw mix
2 cups Chopped red cabbage
1 Red apple thinly sliced
¼ cup Chopped scallions
2 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
2 tbs. Olive oil
2 tbs. Honey
1 tbs. Lime juice
1 tsp. Salt
Pub-Style Beer Battered Cod
Extra-large, wild-caught Cod fillets in a crispy beer batter.
Get the Freshest Catch
Sign up for our Crew Report newsletter to get the latest coupons, special savings and quick meal ideas from your favorite bloggers.
Serious about Sustainability
In the Alaska Pollock fishery, mid-water trawls are utilized, which include safety catches to allow any other wildlike that might be caught to escape.
The Gortons Story
We're proud to be headquartered in Gloucester, Mass., America's oldest seaport and a working waterfront since 1623