Zesty Fish Tacos
You don’t know slaw until you’ve had The Skinnyish Dish’s. Pack it on top of a taco with our whole fillet Fish Sticks, and you’ll never look back.
Fresh Taco Slaw:*
- Add sliced cabbage, shredded carrots, chopped pickled jalapeños, chopped cilantro, and chopped green onions to a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl add greek yogurt, pickled jalapeño juice, and the juice of one lime. Whisk together thoroughly with a fork. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Add the greek yogurt mix in with the vegetables and stir together to coat everything. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- *Optional tip: To make the slaw ahead of time, place sliced cabbage into a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let it sit for about 10-15 minutes in the sink. Then, lay it on some paper towels and dab the cabbage to dry it completely. This helps draw out the extra moisture that cabbage holds and will help it keep longer and not water down the slaw.
Fish Sticks Tacos:
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a small bowl add garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, cumin, kosher salt, and cayenne pepper into a small bowl. Stir together well.
- Spray a sheet pan lightly with cooking spray. Place 16 fish sticks onto the sheet, sprinkle with seasoning mix, spray tops with a little cooking spray, flip, and repeat. Cook fish sticks according to package directions.
- While the fish sticks are baking, heat up 8 corn tortillas with your preferred method.
- When the fish sticks are done, build each taco by placing two chopped up fish sticks on top of each tortilla and then piling about 1/4 cup of slaw on top of each taco. You will more than likely have a little leftover slaw to enjoy on the side with each taco.
Fish Stick Tacos:
16 Gorton’s Crunchy Breaded Fish Sticks
8 extra thin corn tortillas
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
Fresh Taco Slaw:
2 cups purple cabbage, sliced thinly
2 cups carrots, shredded
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
3 green onions, white and green parts chopped
1/4 cup pickled jalapeños (about two tablespoons, chopped)
2 tablespoons non-fat greek yogurt
2 teaspoons pickled jalapeño juice (from the jar of pickled jalapeños)
1 lime, juiced (2 tablespoons)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
1/4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
NEW! Crunchy Breaded Fish Sticks
100% real fish sticks in a crunchy golden breading.
Get the Freshest Catch
Sign up for our e-newsletter to get the latest coupons, special savings, and quick meal ideas.
Serious about Sustainability
In the Alaska Pollock fishery, mid-water trawls are utilized, which include safety catches to allow any other wildlike that might be caught to escape.
The Gortons Story
We're proud to be headquartered in Gloucester, Mass., America's oldest seaport and a working waterfront since 1623