With Gorton’s® you can elevate your dinners in a snap. Paired with this fresh take on a Caesar salad, this dish is a delicious lunch or dinner meal that will fuel your busy days. Rich creamy dressing doubles as a dipping sauce for Gorton’s® Beer Battered Fillets and tops crisp lettuce, roasted sweet potatoes, avocado, crispy chickpeas, and herbs in this unforgettable dish!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Toss the sweet potatoes and chickpeas with olive oil, salt and pepper, place on a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and chickpeas are crispy
3. Place all dressing ingredients except the olive oil in a blender. Blend until smooth. Stream in olive oil until the dressing comes together into a thick sauce. Alternately, you can use a store-bought Caesar dressing.
4. Cook the Gorton’s® Beer Battered Fish Fillets according to packaging instructions, to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
5. Toss the romaine with the dressing and place into bowls. Top with the roasted sweet potatoes and chickpeas, avocado, Parmesan, herbs, and Gorton’s® Beer Battered Fish Fillets. Enjoy!
For the Caesar dressing:
1 tablespoon capers
2 cloves of garlic
1 large egg yolk
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon dijon mustard
½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
¼ cup olive oil
3 anchovy fillets, drained and chopped (optional)
For the roasted sweet potatoes:
2 medium sweet potatoes, sliced
Chickpeas, drained, rinsed and dried
Salt and pepper to taste
For the salad:
1 head Romaine lettuce
1 avocado, diced
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shaved
3 tablespoons dill, chopped
3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Gorton’s® Beer Battered Fish Fillets, cooked according to packaging instructions until 165°F or higher
Beer Battered Fillets
Flaky, wild-caught whole white fish fillets.
Get the Freshest Catch
Sign up for our Crew Report newsletter to get the latest coupons, special savings and quick meal ideas from your favorite bloggers.
Serious about Sustainability
In the Alaska Pollock fishery, mid-water trawls are utilized, which include safety catches to allow any other wildlike that might be caught to escape.
The Gortons Story
We're proud to be headquartered in Gloucester, Mass., America's oldest seaport and a working waterfront since 1623