Cucumber, Fennel and Watermelon Summer Salad with Gorton’s Fish Fillets
Cook With Manuela’s delicious summer salad showcases the light taste of Gorton’s flakey Fish Fillets with the cool and refreshing flavors of cucumber and watermelon, so you can enjoy a dinner you don’t have to sweat over.
1. FULLY COOK FISH TO AN INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF 165°F OR HIGHER BEFORE SERVING.
2. Cut the watermelon into one-inch cubes. Thinly slice the cucumber and fennel.
3. Cook the fish fillets in your air fryer (or oven), being sure to follow the directions on the bag, until golden and crispy.
4. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with olive oil, honey, salt and pepper.
5. In a bowl, toss the watermelon, cucumber, fennel with the vinaigrette.
6. Top with the fish fillets cut into pieces, fennel fronds and fresh mint (if you like). Serve.
2 cups watermelon, cubed
2 Persian cucumbers
1 fennel bulb, plus frond to decorate
4 Gorton’s Beer Battered Fish Fillets
1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon honey
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Fresh mint (optional)
Beer Battered Fillets
Flaky, wild-caught whole white fish fillets.
Get the Freshest Catch
Sign up for our Crew Report newsletter to get the latest coupons, special savings and quick meal ideas from your favorite bloggers.
Serious about Sustainability
In the Alaska Pollock fishery, mid-water trawls are utilized, which include safety catches to allow any other wildlike that might be caught to escape.
The Gortons Story
We're proud to be headquartered in Gloucester, Mass., America's oldest seaport and a working waterfront since 1623