Pineapple, Avocado & Couscous Salad with Fish Fillets
This salad from Gibelly Hernandez is the perfect fix for those days when a bowl of greens just won’t cut it. Enjoy a blend of fresh flavors from pineapple, avocado, radishes, and of course, Gorton’s Fish Fillets. Tied together with couscous, this nutritious bowl is delicious at whatever temperature you would like.
1. FULLY COOK FISH TO AN INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF 165°F OR HIGHER BEFORE SERVING.
2. In a small bowl, mix the dressing ingredients and set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and add pineapple pieces on one side and the fish fillets on the other side. Bake for 14-16 minutes. Around minute 8, turn fish fillets over and make sure the pineapple is turning golden without over cooking them.
4. Remove fish and pineapple from the oven and set aside to slightly cool.
5. Once slightly cooled, cut pineapple into smaller pieces.
6. In a salad bowl, add all of the salad ingredients, top with dressing, and mix.
Salad may be enjoyed warm or cold.
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons truffle or olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 cup couscous (prepared as instructed on the box)
4-5 radishes, sliced into small pieces and halved
2 medium hass avocados, pitted and diced
300 grams of fresh pineapple, cut into big pieces
6 Gorton’s Crunchy Breaded Fish Fillets
Flaky, wild-caught whole Alaska Pollock fillets in a golden crunchy Panko breadcrumb.
Get the Freshest Catch
Sign up for our Crew Report newsletter to get the latest coupons, special savings and quick meal ideas from your favorite bloggers.
Serious about Sustainability
In the Alaska Pollock fishery, mid-water trawls are utilized, which include safety catches to allow any other wildlike that might be caught to escape.
The Gortons Story
We're proud to be headquartered in Gloucester, Mass., America's oldest seaport and a working waterfront since 1623