Swap out your “by the book” taco recipe for this “by the sea” rendition from Caviar and Crayons. Jalapeno lime slaw, tomatillo avocado salsa, and Beer Battered Fish Fillets come together in the name of elevating your next Taco Tuesday.
1. Cook Gorton’s Beer Battered Fish Fillets according to package, or until 165° or higher.
2. Start preparing Jalapeno Lime Slaw. In a large bowl, toss the cabbage and the cilantro together.
3. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the mayo, lime juice, diced pickled jalapenos, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
4. Add the liquid mixture into the cabbage mixture and toss until well incorporated.
5. Start preparing Tomatillo Avocado Salsa. Combine all the ingredients into a blender and mix until well incorporated.
6. Transfer to a lidded container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
7. Assemble the prepared food onto tortillas to your liking and enjoy!
1 Package of Gorton’s Beer Battered Fish Fillets
For the Jalapeno Lime Slaw:
6 cups Shredded Cabbage
2 cups Cilantro
1/3 cup Mayonaise
1/4 cup Lime Juice
1/4- 1/2 cup Pickled Jalapenos
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
For the Tomatillo Avocado Salsa:
1/2 Yellow Onion
1 head of Cilantro
2 cloves of Garlic
1 tbsp Honey or Agave
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Cumin
NEW! Beer Battered Fish Fillets
Flaky, wild-caught whole white fish fillets.
Get the Freshest Catch
Sign up for our Crew Report newsletter to get the latest coupons, special savings and quick meal ideas from your favorite bloggers.
Serious about Sustainability
In the Alaska Pollock fishery, mid-water trawls are utilized, which include safety catches to allow any other wildlike that might be caught to escape.
The Gortons Story
We're proud to be headquartered in Gloucester, Mass., America's oldest seaport and a working waterfront since 1623