Fish and Chips with Lemon Remoulade
Get a taste for life across the pond with this recipe for fish and chips with lemon remoulade from Mandy Tanner. Gorton’s flounder fillets and steak cut french fries make this a guilty pleasure you won’t regret.
1. Prepare Gorton’s Premium Flounder Fillets according to package, until 165°F or higher.
2. Drizzle the avocado oil on the sheet pan and arrange the french fries in a single layer.
3. Bake on the grill or in the oven until golden brown and crispy, about 20-25 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, whole grain mustard, capers, chives, optional horseradish, and dill pickle relish.
5. Add about a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice to the mixture, or more according to personal taste preference.
6. Keep the lemon remoulade chilled until ready to serve.
7. Place the lemon remoulade into individual serving bowls, add the remaining lemon wedges and top with fresh parsley and chives. Enjoy!
1 package of Gorton’s Premium Flounder Fillets
1/2 bag steak cut french fries frozen
1 tbsp avocado oil or other mild oil
1/4 cup mayonaise
1 tbsp whole grain mustard
1/4 tsp prepared horseradish optional
1 each lemon cut into wedges, reserve extra for serving
1 tsp chives fresh or dried
1 tsp capers rinsed and chopped
1 tsp dill pickle relish or chopped dill pickle
2 tbsp parsley per serving
Wild-caught Flounder fillets coated with crunchy breadcrumbs.
Get the Freshest Catch
Sign up for our Crew Report newsletter to get the latest coupons, special savings and quick meal ideas from your favorite bloggers.
Serious about Sustainability
In the Alaska Pollock fishery, mid-water trawls are utilized, which include safety catches to allow any other wildlike that might be caught to escape.
The Gortons Story
We're proud to be headquartered in Gloucester, Mass., America's oldest seaport and a working waterfront since 1623