Pineapple Fried Rice Shrimp Platter
Surprise and delight at your small gathering with a show-stopping pineapple centerpiece filled with flavorful and colorful fried rice, topped with crispy Gorton’s® Butterfly Shrimp or Gorton’s® Popcorn Shrimp ready to serve. This dish is sure to make an impression and may well start a new tradition!
1. In a small bowl mix together the stir fry sauce ingredients.
2. Cook the Gorton’s® Butterfly Shrimp or Gorton’s® Popcorn Shrimp according to packaging instructions, to an internal temperature of 145°F or higher.
3. Heat a wok, cast iron skillet or dutch oven on high heat. Add cooking oil. When the pan is smoking hot add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant.
4. Add the rice and stir fry while breaking apart any clumps of rice. Add the pineapple, chopped Gorton’s® Butterfly Shrimp (or Gorton’s® Popcorn Shrimp), and Fresno and continue to fry, mixing constantly to prevent burning.
5. Add the stir fry sauce and mix until fully coated and the rice begins to brown on the edges.
6. Fill a halved pineapple with fried rice and serve in bowls. Garnish with cilantro and green onions. Top with crispy Gorton’s® Butterfly Shrimp or Gorton’s® Popcorn Shrimp and serve with sweet chili sauce on the side. Enjoy!
For the Stir Fry Sauce:
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon Sriracha
For the Fried Rice:
2 cups premade white rice
1 small white onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
½ inch piece ginger, minced
1 Fresno chile, seeded and chopped
1 pineapple, chopped
½ bunch cilantro, chopped
½ bunch green onions, thinly sliced
Gorton’s® Butterfly Shrimp, cooked according to packaging instructions until 145°F or higher (remove tails and chop ½ cup, reserve the rest for serving/plating) or Gorton’s® Popcorn Shrimp cooked according to packaging instructions until 145°F of higher (chop ½ cup, reserve the rest for serving/plating).
Crunchy Butterfly Shrimp
Shrimp that packs a punch.
Get the Freshest Catch
Sign up for our Crew Report newsletter to get the latest coupons, special savings and quick meal ideas from your favorite bloggers.
Serious about Sustainability
In the Alaska Pollock fishery, mid-water trawls are utilized, which include safety catches to allow any other wildlike that might be caught to escape.
The Gortons Story
We're proud to be headquartered in Gloucester, Mass., America's oldest seaport and a working waterfront since 1623