Tilapia Stuffed Peppers
A coastal spin on an old classic! The vibrant color of the pepper teams up with the vibrant flavor of Tilapia to make a fun dinnertime favorite.
1. Prepare Gorton’s Signature Grilled Tilapia Fillets according to package directions, then lower oven temperature to 375°F.
2. In the meantime, core, seed and cut 1/4″ off tops of peppers.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add peppers, cook 3 minutes, rinse in cold water and drain.
4. Spray a small non-stick skillet with non-stick spray and sauté onion and celery for 5-7 minutes over medium-high heat.
5. Blend prepared rice, onions, celery, cilantro, salt, pepper and cooked Tilapia fillets in a large bowl, breaking fillets into chunks.
6. Evenly distribute rice mixture into each bell pepper, place in a baking dish, add 1 cup water around peppers, bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes and enjoy!
2 Gorton’s Signature Grilled Fillets
4 bell peppers, medium size
Non-stick cooking spray
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup celery, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 cups brown rice, prepared
1/2 tsp salt
Fresh ground pepper
1 cup water
NEW! Signature Grilled Tilapia
5-Star Tilapia® seasoned with a classic blend of real herbs and spices.
Get the Freshest Catch
Sign up for our e-newsletter to get the latest coupons, special savings, and quick meal ideas.
Serious about Sustainability
In the Alaska Pollock fishery, mid-water trawls are utilized, which include safety catches to allow any other wildlike that might be caught to escape.
The Gortons Story
We're proud to be headquartered in Gloucester, Mass., America's oldest seaport and a working waterfront since 1623