Crunchy Shrimp Fried Rice
Take it from Nutmeg Nanny: mix crunchy Popcorn Shrimp with fried rice, veggies, and egg, and you get a perfect weeknight meal that tastes the way Friday feels.
- Make Gorton’s Popcorn Shrimp according to box directions.
- While the shrimp is baking, add vegetable oil to a 12-inch skillet set over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add in the frozen peas and carrots, garlic and ginger. Cook for about 2 minutes just to defrost the vegetables.
- Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet and pour the eggs into the cleared side. Scramble for a few minutes just to cook the eggs. Once fully cooked, mix together and stir in rice and soy sauce.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until all the ingredients are heated through.
- Add in the cooked shrimp and green onions and toss to combine.
- Serve warm.
1 (14 ounce) box Gorton’s Popcorn Shrimp
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups frozen pea and carrot blend
4 cloves garlic, grated
2 teaspoons grated ginger
3 large eggs, beaten
4 cups cooked and cooled long grain white rice
6 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
4 green onions, green parts
100% whole, tail-off Shrimp covered with a flavorful breading.
Get the Freshest Catch
Sign up for our Crew Report newsletter to get the latest coupons, special savings and quick meal ideas from your favorite bloggers.
Serious about Sustainability
In the Alaska Pollock fishery, mid-water trawls are utilized, which include safety catches to allow any other wildlike that might be caught to escape.
The Gortons Story
We're proud to be headquartered in Gloucester, Mass., America's oldest seaport and a working waterfront since 1623